[Coco] kevin darling?

Ray Watts rayanddoraleew at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 23 23:04:00 EDT 2004

Boisy G. Pitre wrote:

> The undeniable fact is that The NitrOS-9 Project is giving people in
> this community something that Kevin Darling and company did not:  the
> source code.  Why is this important?  Because with the source, some
> intrepid individual  can actually add resizable, movable windows with
> vector fonts, buttons and every other whizbang feature that one could
> imagine.
>
> There is nothing intrinsically different about NitrOS-9 that doesn't
> allow the type of features that the Level 2 Upgrade offered.  No one
> is hindered from adding those features to NitrOS-9.  The source to
> windint, grfdrv and all major windowing components of Level 2 is up on
> www.nitros9.org for all to see, learn from and enhance.
> Unfortunately, the sad, pathetic fact is that no one is stepping up to
> the plate.  But that's another message for another time.
>
> Boisy

Yep.  Couldn't agree with you more.  Sounds like a call to arms.  I
truly wish this had all been hung out on the line about twelve years ago
before my mind started turning to mush by terminal brain rot.  I can
give someone a jump start with the Basic09 windows, but there is no way
in hell I can tackle WindInt and GFX2 in my present semi-giddy state.
 Hell, I just punctured a water pipe trying to run a video cable through
2 floors of my house.  Mighty expensive video!  Think what I could do to
WindInt!

Cheers,  Griz