[Coco] -- Is this a scam?

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sat Apr 17 23:47:18 EDT 2004

In a message dated 4/17/04 11:28:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
neilsmorr at hotpop.com writes:

> Everything I saw was from/about USPS. We all seem to be changing to
>  electronic postage printing these days. I'm sure there will be other
>  changes.

Yes, the potential scam email referred to USPS (an unfortunate choice of
abbreviation, should have kept good old USPO), not UPS.

Interesting that the Post Office is catching on to such UPS innovations as
online printing of mailing labels, tracking numbers (!) and the equivalent of
postage.   For anything but large packages, I still prefer my friendly local
Post Office where the clerks advise you as to what to do.  But yes, I have now
shipped three large packages (vintage Ham Radio gear) via UPS, using their Web
site with self-printing labels, complete with bar code.

Maybe I really will visit that URL in my email.  BTW, when I hover the mouse
over the hypertext, it shows the legit address -- could a spam/scam/porn
address still be hidden in that display, behind a non-printing char?
Thanks for all the feedback -- Mike K.