[Coco] Re: -- Is this a scam?

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Fri Apr 16 14:18:16 EDT 2004

Hello KnudsenMJ at aol.com

I just went to that site with the Amiga, and while the first took me
somewhere, the second "www.ups.com" failed to resolve. I'd say it's a scam
probably looking for IP's. If so they now have mine. 8-/. But thats OK, I'm
fixing to install a spam masher anyway. Dispite the move from Princton, my
spam-o-meter has been steadily rising.

On 04/16/04, KnudsenMJ at aol.com wrote:
> I just got this email. Never saw anything like this before. I'm not
> expecting a package from anyone. I'm wondering what happens if someone
> logs on to that URL. I'm not looking for guinea pig volunteers, but anyone
> have any ideas? Thanks, Mike K.
>
> ----begin quoted message---
>
> Dear MIKE KNUDSEN,
>
> This notification is being sent to you at the request of the shipper.
>
> A package with the following Priority Mail label number xxxxxx xxxxx xxx
> xxxx is scheduled to be shipped to you on 04/15/2004.
>
> Please go to <A HREF="http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com">Track and Confirm</A>
> at www.usps.com and use the label number to check the delivery status of
> your package.
>
> Thank you,
> United States Postal Service&#174

Regards
--
Cruisen                                                    _|_
              on AutoPilot with an Amiga   ---o-( )-o---   and a CoCo

                                             Richard