[Coco] Speech and Sound cart manual

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Wed Apr 14 17:26:10 EDT 2004

Hi,

	Should the lines that set the sound mux also be fixed? Here is
my version of the "tone" sample (see line 60 for what I am talking
about):

10  rem initialize variables
20  x=&hff00:y=&hff7e
30  rem reset s/sc
40  poke y-1,1:poke y-1,0
50  rem turn on s/sc sound
60  poke x+1,peek(x+1)and&h77:poke x+3,peek(x+3)or8:poke
x+&h23,peek(x+&h23)or8
70  rem put s/sc into direct address mode
80  gosub320
90  poke y,&haf
100 rem poke a fine tone on channel a
110 gosub320
120 input"enter tone for channel a";t$
130 if t$="q"then poke y-1,1:poke y-1,0:end
140 t=val(t$):if t<1 or t>4095then120
150 poke y,1:poke y,int(t/256)
160 gosub320
170 poke y,0:poke y,t and &hff
180 rem call mixer register
190 gosub320
200 poke y,7
210 rem set mixer to channel a tones only
220 gosub320
230 poke y,62
240 rem call amplitude register for channel a
250 gosub320
260 poke y,8
270 rem set amplitude at maximum -- 15
280 gosub320
290 poke y,15
300 rem go back to change tone on channel a
310 goto120
320 rem check for busy*
330 if (peek(y) and 128)=0then330
340 return