[Coco] Speech and Sound cart manual

tim lindner tlindner at ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 14 16:40:22 EDT 2004

<secure at ytunnelpro.com> wrote:

> Thanks people! I snagged it and dropped it into my pending folder. I'm
> going to run it through some OCR and see if I can't get it reduced in
> sized a little bit. Thankfully it was saved in lossless format so it'll
> be tons easier.

I have taken the liberty to OCR the manual and clean it up. My intent
will be to re-typeset the manual and to redraw the few illustrations.

But I would like to ask for help proof reading the text from the OCR
program.

Here is the current text file:

http://home.netcom.com/~tlindner/Download/SSCManual.txt

The file uses MS-DOS paragraph ending. I chose that since most people
use Windows computers.

Please note, there are no line breaks is this text file, just paragraph
breaks. You need to use a text editor that can wrap paragraphs
automatically. Please don't insert line breaks.

If you want to help, just reply to this message and tell me which pages
you'll check.

Use the pages numbers from the orginal scans. (But note, the pages
numbers have been removed from the text file.)

One last thing:

The text file reflects some corrections I made to the program listings.
On all of the 'PEEK(X) AND Y = Z' type lines I changed them to '(PEEK(X)
AND Y) = Z'. The corrects an order of operations bug throughout the
program listings.

And the last correction was made to the Demo program in appendix E. In
line 3560 I changed the 'K=13' to 'K=17'. This error was found by Robert
Gault.

--
tim lindner
tlindner at ix.netcom.com                                            Bright