[Color Computer] Re: [Coco] as the cm-8 turns ...

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Apr 10 19:10:55 EDT 2004

On Saturday 10 April 2004 18:33, Neil Morrison wrote:
> [...]
Unless the deflection coils have been handled with really dirty hands,
gotten wet somehow, or been handled by a woman having her period
(even when her hands are "clean", the skin acids are different, and
bad for wires), the chances of the yoke being bad are fairly low.

Unforch, I can't say the same of the scan transformer.  It doesn't
need an excuse to fail, but often will appear to have failed falsely
because the solder joints on the bottom it it have cracked, thereby
breaking a connection.  Use a magnifying glass and a goodly amount of
light, those cracks can be hard to see.  Fresh solder, applied by
someone familiar with which end of a soldering iron gets hot would be
in order in that case.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)