[Coco] Superboard discussion: Serial EEPROM

Bob theother_bob at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 24 02:36:24 EDT 2004

I'd like to know if there are any "standards" in mind for this:
"Serial EEPROM: 512 bytes of serial EEPROM will be available to both OS-9 and
BASIC users. This device can be used to store configuration information about
the system such as RGB or CMP monitor, slow or fast speed, and numerous other
items."

Whether there are or not, I'd say now is the time to discuss and develop them,
so that those of us still programming can think about taking advantage of them.
 I wouldn't even be opposed to "re-engineering" some older software to use this
information, IF we set "standards".

Of course, the monitor type is a perfect candidate, perhaps add "preferred
resolution" (for those programs with an option). I was thinking of maybe
storing some small TSR type ML routines there, like a HiRes joystick routine
loaded by whatever program needs it. Here's a thought... alarm clock data!

So, how is this data accessed? What other ideas can we coco-nuts come up with
for it's use?

Bob
http://www.geocities.com/theother_bob