[Coco] CoCo IDE update

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Thu Oct 30 01:26:00 EST 2003

At 01:51 AM 10/29/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>Roger Taylor <rtaylor at bayou.com> wrote:
>At 01:53 AM 10/28/2003 -0800, you wrote:
> >Have you thought about adding a macro language? Microsoft has a control
> >that will let you use any of the .net languages, or you could use
> >Mozilla's version of javascript.
> >

>I'm not sure how this would help. Are you asking if other languages could
>be used to produce 6809 code?
>

>I was thinking the macro language could be used to enhance the editor (as
>VBA does for Word, etc.), though it might be nice if you could use C# to
>create 6809 code...

I have a full-fledged programmer's style editor built into the IDE.  Not
only that, but you can have any number of windows open with their own
editor.  The possibilities are wild as it is.  A nice hex editor will be
used for binary files instead of the text editor.  Both have line numbers,
highlighting, coloring, font control, to name 1/100th of the features.

I will definately look into adding support for a C compiler that produces
6809 source.  Not sure if there's C# that generates 6809.