[Coco] C++ or C cross compilers?

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Wed Oct 29 20:10:00 EST 2003

On Monday, October 27, 2003, at 11:48  PM, Roger Taylor wrote:

> The CoCo GCC project thing sounds nice but from what I gather, it's
> not a grab-it-and-go system.  I backed away when I visited the web
> site and noticed all the instructions telling me to go here and
> download this, go there and download that, so I felt like I was
> actually building the compiler myself.

Having put it together myself, yep, it is not grab-and-go... it is a
pain, and I'd like to make it all a little more easy to use for the
uninitiated.  I also don't mind someone else stepping in to do that,
since I'm not likely to have time.

However, I think it should generate relocatable code.  Boisy wrote in
some support for OS-9, but I'm not sure if that required relocatable
code.

In any case, the site is http://skwirl.ca/coco/gcc.html, and it has
links to the project sourceforge which contains the latest version of
the files.

If you're looking for it to compile under Win 32, Bill, you'll need
Cygwin, I believe.

James