[Coco] M.E.S.S. other 6809-based systems?

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Tue Oct 28 23:24:07 EST 2003

In a message dated 10/28/03 7:34:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
larrybo at idirect.com writes:

> Didn't Pet also have a 6809 based machine?  I seem to remember a Pet with
>  monitor attached/included.

"Pet" was Commodore's first machine.  It used a 6502 or variation, like all
their succeeding products (until the 68K Amiga).

The Pet was interesting, with its little monitor built right into the
machine, along with a cassette deck and a truly horrid mini-keyboard.  Overall
reliability was poor, but a friend of mine did have some fun with his.  No graphics.
 I suspect one in good working condition would be quite a collector's item
today.

I do remember the Gimix and other "professional" systems, with S-50 bus and a
card cage to plug cards into.  You could pull out the old 6800 card and pop
in a 6809 CPU card instead, and then run OS-9.  --Mike K.