[Coco] IDE moving forward->>

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Mon Oct 27 00:14:00 EST 2003

At 11:57 AM 10/24/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Roger
>
>I have some assembly code that I plan to write in the near future.
>Actually was dusting off my old COCO3 and disk drives and load up
>the OS9 development system. Actuallythe whole project will be a
>mix of C and assembly. Some of the timing critical routines are
>going to be done in assembly. Top level in C.
>
>james

I will be on the lookout for any Windows C/C++ compiler that produces 6809
source code.  That source code will be studied and if possible, I will
update CCASM so it can assemble it.  My new CoCo IDE for Windows could
easily call on the C compiler and add this into the seamless process "from
editor to running", I am working on.

Although I won't be distributing some of the components this IDE *could*
use, the options will be available in the program for allowing those tools
to be found and used.  For instance, right now I have a browse button for
finding the M.E.S.S emulator (mess.exe) one time, then it becomes part of
the IDE system until you disable it.  The imgtool.exe program is also
pointed to by the user once, and never dealt with manually.  Checkboxes and
radio buttons are used to configure things to your liking.  I could easily
add the option to point to your C compiler's .exe file, and knowing the
options used, it could become part of the system.  This is the typical
behavior of a configurable IDE.  Throwing in the emulator part is way too cool.

Anyway, the issue is whether such a C compiler can output EDTASM-friendly
source code.