[Coco] Re: Nitros09 x86?

James Ross jr at webross.com
Sun Oct 26 21:04:00 EST 2003

Bill Cousert wrote:

>Has anyone considered possibly doing an Pentium conversion of Nitros09?

I have decided to create an OS-9 work-alike for the PC.  I am
dedicated to doing it, however, it will probably be a work in progress
for quite some time.  Since it will be free, I will be spending my
spare time on it from time to time.  I would like to make some
progress every week or two on it, but we will see how that goes.  I am
sure I'll be skipping weeks from time to time.

I'll be posting progress notes (along with source code when some
becomes available) at the website for the project:

http://webross.com/freeos9/

There is a rather large learning curve to get passed for the Intel 32
bit protected mode programming but once that is done, things will
become a little easier.

Like I said before comments off all sorts are accepted :).

JR