[Coco] Re: CoCo List/Newsgroup Information

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Sun Oct 26 01:48:08 EDT 2003

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "John E. Malmberg" <wb8tyw at qsl.net>
To: <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2003 6:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] Re: CoCo List/Newsgroup Information

> Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
>
> > Oh never mind, that would require graphics and HTML which is forbidden
on
> > this list.
>
> Actually nothing has been posted by Dennis about that either way.
> As list owner and moderator, it is his call.
>
> My personal preference is to put those on a web page and post a link.  I
> have set MOZILLA to not display either HTML or any embedded images.

I have the opposite preference, I look at all the pretty pictures and the
glorious colors and skip web site links unless I am really interested.

Postings in newsgroups rarely needs to have graphics, but some of the time
it is true that a picture is worth a 1,000,000 words.

More often I wish to use COLOR to be more precise in what I am talking
about.

> > In place of just ignoring, how about a reply indicating where they can
post
> > CoCo questions and thus gain membership by showing their CoCo knowledge.

I am concerned about the following words and some other comments and
actions.

I hope that we are not being so limited as to who we accept that too many
Real CoCo Persons will be excluded.

Yes, if the person can be identified as someone we wish to exclude then
stern measures are justified.

But we should not be in the mode of placing ALL NEW members in the guilty
class.

A requirement of having a valid non-anonymous address given to the Moderator
is a valid one.

I hope that we will have a method that allows CoCo questions to be seen by
the people here that have so much experience and are working on new and
exciting projects for the CoCo. Thus increasing our membership.