[Coco] Re: bio

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Tue Oct 21 12:20:00 EDT 2003

In a message dated 10/21/03 3:12:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rtaylor at bayou.com writes:

> Not yet, at least.  I am still wondering why RH 9.0 is telling me it sees
>  my Lexmark X73 all-in-one USB, yet I thought Linux couldn't use
>  WinPrinters.  I haven't tried yet, been too busy.

Just because Linux "sees" it doesn't necessarily mean it can drive the
printer.  But at least your Linux box supports USB, which is nice.

As for auto-mounting the Windows partition, others have already given good
advice.  I used to run a dula-boot machine and I had no trouble at all with
sending and receiving files to the Windows partition from Linux.

I made a dedicated folder in Windows for swapping Linux files, so I wouldn't
run the risk of Linux writing just anywhere in the Windows file system, but
this is just a safety procedure.  --Mike K.