[Coco] Re: spam in this list

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Mon Oct 20 11:50:00 EDT 2003

In a message dated 10/20/03 4:00:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
SFischer1 at MindSpring.com writes:

> > That's a great idea. You volunteering? Ironically, this would be sort of a
>  "spam" advert for the new list.
>
>  Well, I will not do the mining or sending of messages to old folks, but I
am
>  willing to keep track of messages sent so we send one and only one to each.

Actually, I think the "mining" you originally referred to meant only that you
would send the Listserv command (which I don't know offhand) that retrieves
for you the entire membership list in one piece of email.

You paste that into the BlindCopy: field and shoot of a short mail telling
everyone how to subscribe to MaltedMedia List, and that Princeton is falling out
of use due to Hormel hemorrhage.

BTW, is it true that to temporarily turn off mail or otherwise adjust your
MaltedMedia List parameters, you have to go to the Web site, and get a password?
 I was able to sign up just using email.  I liked the ability to flip
switches on Princeton just with email, though security was non-existent.  --Mike K.