[Coco] OT Question about Netscape 7.X Mail

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Oct 19 21:28:00 EDT 2003

On Sunday 19 October 2003 16:45, jimcox at miba51.com wrote:
>Sorry for the OT post, but I thought someone on this list
>might be able to answer a question I have about disabling
>the Mail client that comes with Netscape 7.X.
>
>I prefer to use Eudora for my email, and have set it as my
>default email client in Internet Options on my Win 2K
>system.  I have also gone into Netscape Preferences and
>deselected Netscape Mail as my default mail client.
>
>Every time I access a mail link on either a web site or in
>an email when I use Netscape, Netscapes Mail client comes
>up, even though I turned it off.
>
>I have contacted Netscape, and have never heard back from
>them.  This problem occurs with both Netscape 7.0 and 7.1,
>but does not occur with IE (which I prefer not to use)
> I've looked at other browsers such as Mozilla, and Opera,
>but both have mail clients hooked into them too (Firebird
>is an option though)
>
>If you have a solution, please reply to me in private so
>as not to bother the rest of the list.  Thanks!
>
>Jim Cox

That shouldn't be too hard Jim.  But I'll have to plead guilty to not
running netscape in several years.  That puppy isn't fully housebroke
IMO...

Someplace in the preferences I believe there is a text gadget that
should let you set your prefs in this regard, and IIRC they are saved
on a "logged in user" basis.  But ns never did make that easy to find
either.  And its one of the reasons I still run mozilla, but not for
mail, thats kmail's job, which it does rather nicely IMO.  IE? or
OE?, only on somebody elses winderz hardware after filing the usual
objections.  No winderz here except the glass ones.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III at 500mhz 320M