[Coco] OT Question about Netscape 7.X Mail

jimcox at miba51.com jimcox at miba51.com
Sun Oct 19 16:46:00 EDT 2003

Sorry for the OT post, but I thought someone on this list
might be able to answer a question I have about disabling
the Mail client that comes with Netscape 7.X.

I prefer to use Eudora for my email, and have set it as my
default email client in Internet Options on my Win 2K
system.  I have also gone into Netscape Preferences and
deselected Netscape Mail as my default mail client.

Every time I access a mail link on either a web site or in
an email when I use Netscape, Netscapes Mail client comes
up, even though I turned it off.

I have contacted Netscape, and have never heard back from
them.  This problem occurs with both Netscape 7.0 and 7.1,
but does not occur with IE (which I prefer not to use)
 I've looked at other browsers such as Mozilla, and Opera,
but both have mail clients hooked into them too (Firebird
is an option though)

If you have a solution, please reply to me in private so
as not to bother the rest of the list.  Thanks!

Jim Cox