[Coco] Re: Old Color Computer Information

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Fri Oct 17 01:50:01 EDT 2003

At 04:40 AM 10/17/03 GMT, you wrote:
>IIRC, I visited the offices of Byte and Kilobaud AND Softside (which
>had lamentably bad fulfillment) in Peterborough, NH back in '80.

Right. That was Wayne Green's empire. I worked there as well -- Kilobaud,
80 Micro, 73, etc. He lost Byte to his ex-wife Virginia, however (which is
why his license plate displayed the otherwise enigmatic "FUVA").

The Color Computer Magazine and others were the editorial refugees from
Wayne's erratic behavior who founded new publications, including me and
Debra Marshall, who was my editor years after TCCM and the rest of the rags
in Camden, Maine, were eaten and killed deliberately by Ziff-Davis.

I started UnderColor, which failed after 11 issues, as a result of the
Ziff-Davis destruction of our work.

Dennis