[Coco] MM/1 owners

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Wed Oct 15 22:02:01 EDT 2003

In a message dated 10/15/03 5:32:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bdevries at gil.com.au writes:

> Do any of the MM/1 owners on the list still have their original distribution
>  disks intact?
>  I just checked mine, and three of the six are unreadable. The hard drive on
>  my MM/1 has died, so I needed to re-install.
>  Could I please beg a LZH archive of those disks?

Since I got a pre-release prototype of the MM/1, with most of the needed
stuff on its HD, I  never actually got the "official" diskette set.  I never had
OddJob, for example.

I'm not surprised that you can't read some of your disks.  My MM/1 lost the
ability to write high-density (PC format) floppies some time ago, and might not
even read them today.  It still boots fine form the OS-9 format boot floppy,
on the occasions when the HD routine gets tied up and won't go.

If there are specific files you need, Bob, let me know and I can look for
them.

Other than those bugs, my MM/1 has aged gracefully.  --Mike K.