[Coco] bio

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue Oct 14 03:02:00 EDT 2003

Willard Frank Goosey III
Age: 29

CoCo 3 was my first computer, a Xmas present for 1987(?), got a disk
drive the next year.  Upgraded to a PS/2 in 91, parents made me sell
the CoCo.  Introduced to OS9 in '93, decided I liked it.  Bought my
CoCo back in '93, upgraded to 512K, a 2nd 360K and a 720K drive.
Scrounged up an MPI & RS-232 pack.  Ran a LR-Tech SASI system with
XEBEC MFM board until it crashed one time to many.  Finally ditched
the Tandy drive box (the power supply just wasn't up to spinning three
floppy drives).  I use an IBM XT case for my drives (3 floppies
and IDE).  Was shamed into getting a Glenside IDE card, badgered Boll
mercilessly until he delivered, then took a year to build a case for
the card and use it.

My CoCo claims to fame include some notable flame wars and maintaining a
site where the Glenside IDE 2.0 drivers can be downloaded.

My other hobbies include computer history and retrocomputing,
role-playing games, and keeping my pickup running.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
   --- Yacko