bio (was Re: [Coco] Cutting Cord)

John johnguin at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 17:28:00 EDT 2003

OK, here goes my bio:

John Guin
Seattle, WA area.  Transferred here by the navy in 1988 and have stayed
since.  Originally from Texas.
Age 37.  I guess I take the baby award now.
First computer:  A Sinclair ZX-80 from a kit.  Bought a Coco 2 when they
came out in 82?  83?  Very nice, and I still have it to this day.
Claim to uniqueness (fame is too strong a word):  My friends and I went to
Rainbowfest in Chicago in 1983.  We stayed in a tent - it was all we could
afford - and amazed many of the other campers by running a coco and TV in
the tent.

Future plans:  As soon as I move closer to Redmond, I'm setting up my
computer room again, and will hopefully get my OS9 machine on the 'net.

That's it.  I mostly just lurk, since I never really have a whole lot of
time to contribute to any of the projects everyone else talks about.

John