[Coco] Princeton files

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sun Oct 12 22:56:00 EDT 2003

In a message dated 10/11/03 11:44:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bdevries at gil.com.au writes:

> Ideally, of course, it would be great to make an OS-9 file system CDROM, but
>  (a) I don't have any idea of how to do that, and (b) I don't have a CDROM
>  drive on my Coco3 nor my MM/1 to read it.

Luckily, one of the nice features of the MM/1 is its ability to read and
write PCDOS files on IBM-formatted disks.  In fact, I use my MM/1 to move files
between my Coco and Windows or Linux.

Another restriction is that the MM/1 can handle only 54 files per directory.

But you can browse the CD-ROM on your PC, then transfer the files of interest
to a floppy, and put that in your MM/1.  But I think you already knew that
:-)  --Mike K.