[Color Computer] Re: [Coco] Cutting the cord

Davey Brain dsbrain at neosplice.com
Sat Oct 11 00:32:02 EDT 2003

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote thusly:
> At 03:10 PM 10/10/03 -0700, jimcox at miba51.com wrote:
>
>>DOH DOH DOH!  and on top of that, it's brought the
>>advertising from Yahoo onto the Maltedmedia list.
>

> Advertising? You mean those tag lines at the bottom? I stop reading at the
> signature. :)
>
> It's entirely up to the rest of you what's to be done about list mingling,
> cross-posting, etc. I have no preferences, as the amount of gahrbahge I get
> now is massive. This morning's count of Swen viruses I've received since
> they first appeared September 18 is 9,250. That's almost a gigabyte's worth.
>
> Dennis

I thought I had it bad.  I'm up to 414 viruses at about 62 megs this
month (doesn't count some new "screensaver.exe" that started this week,
filesize=33K).  Luckily my ISP has a web mail interface now.  I just go
on there, scan the headers (w/sizes) and delete and purge all viruses
and SPAM, then go into Mozilla mail and get the good email.  It has
lowered my email DL time from about 2-4 hours a day to about 30 mins.

Since I'm in eCS-OS/2, BeOS or Linux 99% of the time and never go online
in Win anything it is only the aggravation of wasted time & bandwidth
that worries me per the viruses.
--
Davey Brain
dsbrain at NOSPAM!neosplice.com or

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth" - John F.
Kennedy

Gigabyte 7VKML AMD Athlon 1700XP+ Savage 4 AGP 4X 32M
This eCS 1.1 system uptime is 1 days 19 hrs 21 mins and 34 secs

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ArdFIC/hP.FAA/ySSFAA/CFFolB/TM