[Coco] Cloud-9 CompactFlash to IDE question.

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Mon Oct 20 23:24:00 EDT 2003

I notice that the CompactFlash to IDE system that Cloud-9 is offering
states that CompactFlash is not Hot Swappable.

I have a computer with a removable IDE drive bay, and I can replace IDE
hard drives using it with out shutting the computer down.

So what I am wanting to know from those that have more experience with
the CompactFlash cards, is if I put the Cloud-9 one in one of the
removable cases, like CompUSA sells, would I be able to insert and
remove it with out hurting the CompactFlash.

This would give me a good way of transfering files to/from a COCO with
from my computer.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only