[Coco] Nick's Survey results

fsteeman at dds.nl fsteeman at dds.nl
Thu Nov 27 03:16:00 EST 2003

Hold your horses! Here are my replies...

Q1: Do you have a CoCo setup and running? If so, which models?

Yes, I have a CoCo3 with 128K and a disk drive unit combining a 5,25" with a
3,5" drive. I bought the CoCo in Australia and it is PAL-configured. I have a
U.S. CM-8 monitor with it too BTW..

Q2: What do you mainly use your CoCo for?

Programming, learning assembly language, playing games. Well, basically
nostalgia...

Q3: What products would you like to see developed for your CoCo that you
would be prepared to purchase? (List in order of preference)

An easy, user-friendly and all-round way of transferring files from (old)
floppies to the PC and back.

Q4: What sort of games would you like to see developed for your CoCo? (In
order of preference)

- strategy / civilization like games
- remake of classic arcade games
- action shoot-em-up games

I might even develop some myself in the future...

Q5: What is your favourite CoCo game of all time and why?

buzzard bait - because it is a unique concept, fun and challenging. Nice
feature to fly button-controlled wing-flipping, instead of just stearing.

Great to see your back, Nick! BTW I saw that you stopped distributing all your
software other than downloadable freeware. Is there any chance of us that re-
joined the CoCo community at too late stage to get a hold of full versions of
PacMan Tribute and Gate Crasher other than second hand?

Cheers,

Fedor