[Coco] Nick's Survey results

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Thu Nov 27 00:26:00 EST 2003

At 05:23 PM 11/26/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>What this means to anyone who wants to create software for the Coco
>community is don't create end products like games and expect to sell much.
>Create tools so users can produce their own projects. That is why the
>emulators, Portal9, and the like or hardware sold by Cloud-9 have at least
>a limited market. These items enable user creativity.

Ofcourse, if the CoCo is completely dead to some of us here (not me), then
I wonder if we are becoming a chit-chat group.  I've always thought of "us"
as a support group of the only remaining serious CoCo users who have the
power to keep this computer alive for years to come.

My idea was to make it possible for creative people to still have a desire
to create CoCo projects.. and in turn help keep the CoCo useful.

I really think embedded projects using old CoCo motherboards will be
something we might all want to try one day.  Creating the ROM software with
Portal-9 and getting Cloud-9 to burn the EPROMs might be the only way for some.