[Coco] Re: ftp.maltedmedia

Theodore A. Evans alxevans at concentric.net
Tue Nov 18 22:40:11 EST 2003

On 11/18/03, Roger Taylor wrote:

> I have actually not seen too many references to dates being in the reverse
> order of YYMMDD, even though I can understand that left-most means
> most-significant to some people. It's just that the U.S.'s standard is
> DDMMYY, in almost every case, except military, which you might see as 07
> JUN 1968, or similar.

Genrally OS-9 uses YYMMDD dates.  In addition if using numeric dates
on computers we generally use YYMMDD or YYJJJ.  One of the big
advantages it that directory commands which sort by file name will
order these kinds of dates sequentially whereas other date formats
need to be recognized as such to be ordered properly.

--
Beware the man who fears you.
Theodore (Alex) Evans            | alxevans at concentric.net
94-1071 Kepakepa St. Unit #C-1   | http://www.concentric.net/~alxevans
Waipahu, HI 96797                | ICQ 78089262
x                                | (808) 676-0123         2B v ~2B = ?