[Coco] ftp.maltedmedia

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Tue Nov 18 00:40:02 EST 2003

At 03:29 PM 11/18/2003 +1000, you wrote:
>Roger said:
> > folder at once and name it something like "portal9_111603.zip".
>
>Um, could you use YYMMDD just to keep it a bit more internationally
>readable?
>Please? You have no idea how frustrating it is to try to work out dates when
>different people use either MMDDYY, DDMMYY or some other combination.
>
>Not that I'm picking on you guys, but.... :-)
>
>Regards, Bob Devries; Ipswich, Queensland, Australia

My worst nightmare when I first got married was that one day we would start
arguing over the toilet paper being turned inwards or outwards... and
finally, after about a year, she started on me.  :)

I have actually not seen too many references to dates being in the reverse
order of YYMMDD, even though I can understand that left-most means
most-significant to some people.  It's just that the U.S.'s standard is
DDMMYY, in almost every case, except military, which you might see as 07
JUN 1968, or similar.

In a case like 041003, there is really no clue as to whether this is April
10, 2003, or March 10, 2004.  Well, that's not true... the IDE would
definately know.  So, really, the confusion would be in a person reading
the date format instead of the IDE reading it.  ;)

Anyhow, I'll consider the YYMMDD ordering.  It's no major issue.
thx for the suggestion