[Coco] Re: ftp.maltedmedia

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Mon Nov 17 09:00:09 EST 2003

At 08:19 AM 11/17/03 -0500, Nathan Woods wrote:
>Very dumb question; why don't you put the text file on your web site and use
>HTTP instead of FTP?  HTTP is simpler and easier to use, and FTP is getting
>more and more passe every day.

Because it would look exactly the same (no links, because I'm not about to
create links for hundreds of files) as FTP? ;)  You don't need an FTP
client for download, unless something Very Bad has happened to your browser
lately.

When did FTP get passé? Most download sites are FTP (even if they have a
web page with the link on it), and most major software players have public
FTP sites for patches, documents, etc.

Dennis