[Coco] MM1 programmes

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sun Nov 16 14:04:08 EST 2003

In a message dated 11/16/03 5:08:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bdevries at gil.com.au writes:

> > Also, repeated runs will fill up the device table since there isn't a
>  > corresponding close to clean the table out when exiting.  That will
>  > take a reboot to fix.  Been there, done that... :)
>
>  Actually, I did use a close. That bit of code was more psuedo than real.

Good, but if the program locks up, and you manually BREAK or kill B09 from
another window, or whatever you have to do to unstick the program, then maybe
neither BASIC nor OSK gets to reclaim the I/O channel.

If you include in your inner loop a test for a keypress, or use an ON BREAK
GOTO statement (does OS9 BASIC support that?), then you can exit the loop and
still execute the rest of your program, including the CLOSE.

But you guys know all this -- just wanted to make sure -- Mike K.