[Coco] Re: I need MESS help

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Wed Nov 12 01:28:00 EST 2003

At 08:01 AM 11/11/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Roger Taylor writes:
>>M.E.S.S. video window that shows your computer running, but the app that
>>is supposed to manage configuration and software images, etc.  I've dealt
>>with similar problems with checkmarks and settings not being remembered.
>>Some would call these bugs.  I call it incomplete work by the interface
>>app programmer.
>
>When you find these bugs, _please_ report them to bugzilla.mess.org.  Bugs
>cannot be fixed when they go unreported.

I know of at least 10-15 annoying things in M.E.S.S., but so far, none
prevent me from emulating the CoCo's.  I'm not sure what's a bug when
something they just added to the interface app doesn't work.  It's almost
like they know, because... how would they not?  ;)

>Actually it doesn't even help 3-D systems.  It is nothing more than an
>optimization for some video cards that are faster when blitting with D3D
>than DirectDraw.

That's what I figured... but I thought maybe they also went further by
trying to use a good 3-D card to be a co-processor for emulation such as
the Vectrex (very least) and some of the high-end game units that
specialize in 3-D.

M.E.S.S. is getting slower every time they update it.  The CoCo emulation
is slowing down.  I don't mind at all when they add support for hardware
acceleration.  This is the whole idea.  Most video cards are sitting there
wasting time unless you're running a good 3-D game.

cheers