[Coco] MM/1 question

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Fri Nov 7 21:30:00 EST 2003

In a message dated 11/7/03 5:22:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bdevries at gil.com.au writes:

> If the formatter wont format to less than the full size of the drive, I'm
>  stuck with using the 20MB drive as the boot drive, and the 1GB as the data
>  drive. YUK! Or booting from a floppy YUK,YUK,YUK!!!

Well, what's wrong with that?  Assuming both HDs will fit in the MM/1 case
OK, and you don't just have a temporary lashup, booting off the little drive and
then transferring every operation over to the big 1G drive should work fine.

Logically like booting from a floppy, but much faster and convenient.
FWIW, I did kind of run up against the space limits on my then-huge 40MB HD.
Actually, I hit OSK's FAT or granule table limits -- can no longer create a
single file over a certain size (a couple of MB), even though I have 4 or 5 MB
free.

We could use a de-fragger for OSK, but who would trust it?  Or the drive?
--Mike K.