[Coco] Re: 6309 microprocessor project: 11-05-2003

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Thu Nov 6 23:30:08 EST 2003

At 04:31 PM 11/6/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Thanks, Nathan! I had not discovered this feature yet...
>
>However, all these utilities are still DOS command line based (including
>RETRIEVE, which I think you are confusing with PORT). It would be neat to
>be able to drag and drop files / images in W2000/XP instead of needing the
>(disappearing) access to MS-DOS. And besides, who needs a 5,25" drive when
>you can connect a 3,5" drive to your CoCo?

Another thing with XP and/or Windows 2000 is that the term "console prompt"
or "command prompt" is used instead of MS-DOS.  On the command level,
they're the same.  You won't notice much of a difference, and you can even
change the fonts, font sizes, and more.
But it's not a true MS-DOS mode.

I just wanted to mention this so people won't think that Windows XP doesn't
have a MS-DOS-type environment.  It does, and you can call up as many as
you want in their own window.