[Coco] Re: 6309 microprocessor project: 11-05-2003

Nathan Woods npwoods at cybercom.net
Thu Nov 6 10:06:06 EST 2003

Steeman, Fedor writes:

> I mean, I like MESS, but the problem is that it does not help you much in
> e.g. transferring files back and forth to the PC-environment. Then it is
> going back down to Jeff's original DSKINI.EXE and RETRIEVE.EXE.

This is not 100% correct; MESS does have the Imgtool program which allows
one to transfer RS-DOS programs back and forth from disk images.  It is a
command line program, so some might find it harder to use than RETRIEVE.EXE,
but it also supports VDK and DMK disk images.

As for an equivalent of DSKINI.EXE, there is not much chance at all of
avoiding MS-DOS given how Windows does not like 5 1/4" drives.