[Coco] 6309 microprocessor project: 11-05-2003

John Collyer johncollyer at zoominternet.net
Thu Nov 6 10:04:00 EST 2003

Thanks Fedor, that is exactly my intent.  I'd like to follow Jeff's emulator
as much as possible because I think it works really good.  Some things in it
will have to change to make it work in win32 though, and I plan on using
directX graphics.  I like to model that part after the nesterJ emulator.
One example of change is how the 6309 Instruction Set Interpreter had to
change for 32 bit flat mode, but kept to the MSDOS version whenever
possible.  For example because there is no size constrictions in 32 bit flat
assembly (no segment registers to worry about) I was able to completely
macrotize the 6309 Instruction Set Interpreter, and it now only has 5 call
instructions and everything else is inline.  This will greatly speed things
up!

John Collyer