[Coco] Need utility to read Flex-09 floppies.

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Sun Nov 30 11:48:00 EST 2003

Hello all,

I found my Flex-09 floppies yesterday, and tried to copy them to a PC to
try to see how Flex-09 would run on an emulator.

The problem is that the first track on a Flex-09 floppy, which has the
boot loader is in single density.

I can not find an API to read this from a PC.

I can read every other track of a Flex-09 floppy, but not track 0.

The other issue with emulation is how to store that information in a
floppy image so that one of the emulators can read it.

It looks to me that what I will need to do is dissasemble the flex-09
boot code and modify it to use double density, and possibly other stuff.

Any leads would be appreciated.  Even ones that would copy the files to
a COCO formatted floppy under either Flex-09 or ROM DISK BASIC.

Thanks,
-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only