[Coco] Re: Any reason to put a 6309 in a Coco2?

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Wed Dec 31 18:15:46 EST 2003

I ran into one incompatibility when I installed the 6309, though it was
only because the software author broke the rules.  He used an EXEC in his
Basic program that was to an address in the middle of an instruction, but
which worked okay with a 6809, which ignored the illegal opcode.  The 6309
vectored this to its "illegal instruction" error handler, which hadn't
been initialized with any code to handle errors, so the program crashed.

Art