[Coco] Re: Any reason to put a 6309 in a Coco2?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Dec 31 12:32:38 EST 2003

On Wednesday 31 December 2003 09:51, Torsten Dittel wrote:
>> The GIME chip is the Coco3 will not support semigraphic modes
>
>When I was talking about the "3" I referred to the "6309", not the
>CoCo3. Sorry for the confusion. I wondered if a 6309 running in
>6809-mode would be fully compatible to an "original" 6809.
>
>Does anyone know for shure if a "6309 Level I" NitrOS9 is planned or
>even released? Boisy?
>
>Regards,
>Torsten

AIUI, running in the default powerup 6809 mode, it perfectly emulates
the 6809 with the exception of doing a prefetch of the next
instruction if it has something else to do internally, and this does
increase the speed a few percentage points.  But unless whatever
you're doing is timed by the cpu instead of the clock, you'll
probably not be effected in any way you can detect.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III at 500mhz 320M