[Coco] Re: Coco Digest, Vol 1, Issue 310

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Sun Dec 28 22:15:39 EST 2003

Hello Gene

On 12/29/03, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 28 December 2003 19:58, farna at att.net wrote:
> [...]
>> Another possibility for the OS-9 users are the 68K Amiga boards also
>> sold by some of the C-one suppliers. Isn't there a version of OS-9
>> for the Amiga? But then there's os-9000 too...
>
> Yes, there was, as I recall it was (according to what few reports were
> published) a partial port of os9 level 1 version 2.3.  No gui to
> speak of, and $600 a copy from Digby Tarvan someplace in (I think)
> NSW.  I have no idea if he ever actually sold a copy.  I inquired,
> but at that price, my fingers couldn't get the checkbook out since it
> was smoking so badly.

I too inquired about it about 10 years ago. I ask Microware themselves. They
had stopped selling it and what was around was waayyy to expensive for this
hobbist to even jokingly consider.

Regards
--
Cruisen                                                         _|_
              on AutoPilot with an Amiga   ---o-( )-o---   and a CoCo

                                             Richard