[Coco] Sock Master Demos

arikboke at yahoo.com arikboke at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 23:16:07 EST 2003

Roger,

For one, when I do a "imgtool" by itself, I get examples showing, e.g.,
"imgtool put RSDOS name.dsk files".  As a newby, I assumed RSDOS meant "Radio
Shack DOS" or ECBD.  For the longest time, I tried PUTing and GETing using
RSDOS as the format, to no avail.

The actual usage seems to vary, with RSDOS having to be replaced by one of the
following: "coco_jvc_rsdos", "coco_os9_rsdos", "coco_vdk_rsdos", or
"coco_dmk_rsdos".

Thus far, I have only used "coco_jvc_rsdos" because the other formats seem to
create errors.  Could this be the source of my file corruptions?  Do I have to
use a different virtual disk format?  I'd appreciate if you could tell me what
are the differences between them, and when to use which (although so far only
the JVC format seems to work for me).  Thanks.

Sincerely,
David

(snip)