[Coco] talk funny

Dave Kelly daveekelly at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 23 15:11:51 EST 2003

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Roger Taylor

  Speaking of Texans... visitors from there also drive in the emergency lane in our city as if it's a turning lane.  I've seen them jump ahead of 10 cars before while zipping down the emergency lane.  The first people in line are waiting to make a legal right turn.  Anyway, nobody gets out of hand because the Texan is usually driving a quite huge vehicle. :)
  In my old age, I'm coming to the opinion that we should check the DNA of some of these people to see if they qualify as Texans.  ( My fathers side came in 1903 and my mothers side with Austins colony. ).

  We are hosting the super bowl shortly. In trying to get ready we have build a new stadium, new hotels, refurbished the downtown area, and installed a rapid transit rail line between the stadium and downtown.

  This rail line is an ongoing controversy across several mayoral term. A lot of people want it, a lot of people don't want it going thru their neighborhood, blah, blah, blah.  Lots of rhetoric.

  The whole point if this posting is:
  We have a rail line finished enough to work with the super bowl and in the past month have been going through a testing stage to work the kinks out.  During this month there have been 4 accidents involving the rail line and cars.  In all 4 cases it has been either a pickup or SUV and in all incidents the vehicle turned left in front of the train.

  I'm confused. How can you not know there is a train besides you when you just sped up to turn left in front of it?

  *soap box attitude off*