[Coco] talk funny

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Mon Dec 22 23:41:02 EST 2003

At 01:02 PM 12/22/2003 -0600, you wrote:

>This particular attitude was notice here in Houston back in the seventies
>as the population of Houston began to increase while the population of the
>north began to decrease.

This is true.  People do migrate like gravity to the larger cities, and you
get folks from the North as well.  With them comes their driving habits,
and then all h*ll breaks lose on the roads when people try to drive the way
they had to in their own city.  As long as humans drive vehicles, there'll
never be peace on the roads, ever.
>While I don't like the idea, I have to admit that this is a Texas
>attitude, my horse is bigger than your horse.  Follows on Texas being the
>number 1 state in the sale of pickup trucks. We found something bigger to
>drive.

Speaking of Texans... visitors from there also drive in the emergency lane
in our city as if it's a turning lane.  I've seen them jump ahead of 10
cars before while zipping down the emergency lane.  The first people in
line are waiting to make a legal right turn.  Anyway, nobody gets out of
hand because the Texan is usually driving a quite huge vehicle. :)

All I can tell a yankee is that if they are moving down here, don't go for
the economy car... it's getting to be mostly SUVs and large
trucks.  Actually, it's always been trucks/SUVs for men, and cars/SUVs for
the women.  That's the general rule.   The SUVs just kinda snuck in here
one day :)  I'd have to say we stole that idea from the Aussies?  Only we
call them SUVs, but they're really not anymore.  Nope.. it only took a few
years for them to become 33% car, 33% truck, and 34% SUV.  Now you really
can't tell what they are.  There's even one that looks like a very tall
car.  This is by far the ugliest design I have ever had to look at in my
life.  But it's different, and that's the beauty of having a choice to
express your tastes.

I even saw a girl the other day driving by me in a car that had the
steering wheel on the RIGHT SIDE.  She looked at me with a mean
look.  Apparently, people had been staring at her and she was upset.  hehehe.

Roger Taylor