[Coco] Embedded coco

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Dec 21 23:12:42 EST 2003

Eric

Unless something is not clear in the explanation or this is something I got see.

I understand the 8 input nand gate. The solves the Boolean equation for decoding
$FF00 to $FFFF.

I can see using a LS138 and A15,  A14, and A13 lines to decode each 8K boundary.
Again the Boolean equations are satisfied.

The rest does not make sense to me. By my knowledge a 3 wide 2 to 1 multiplexor
requires a minimum of 12 gates. (6) 2 input and gates, (3) 2 input or gates and (3)
invertors. Unless you have more circuitry than what you are saying I have got to see
how (4) 2 input nand gates and (4) ivertors are switching thre lines.

james