[Coco] OT -- Linux hardware

Dave Kelly daveekelly at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 21 00:36:03 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "David" <dbree at duo-county.com>

> I'd be sure my kernel didn't have anything in it that was specific to
> the old board that would be incompatible with the newer one.  One thing
> is to be sure it is compiled to support your IDE controller - or
> whatever system that connects to your HD.

Thats something I had not thought about. I keep forgetting that a lot of the
these things are built into the MB now a days. In the coco days, everything
was an add on, no matter what.

I was thinking along the lines, CPU out of old and into new, memory out of
old and into new, modem our of old and into new, video care out of old and
into new, etc. Newly stuffed MB into tower, DONE.

Alas, no so.

---
Help wanted:
A grammar priest to give last rights to a sentence.