[Coco] some snow

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Sat Dec 20 03:50:05 EST 2003

At 07:17 PM 12/20/2003 +1100, you wrote:
>As another Aussie, I find it quite strange , all this talk about snow
>& ice ...... geez, I don't even see that in the peek of winter unless
>I take a 3 hour drive to one of the alpine nation parks.  Right now
>the SPF30+ sun screen is getting a workout like it's going out of
>style!

My feet are cold right now, and I've got the heat on high.

But you know, many would give a lot to have sunny weather all year
long.  The Aussie style is something a lot of us envy.

We have some terrible seasons up here.  On the other hand, without a
variety we would get bored.  It also reminds us that mother nature rules
and that we're very little.  The tradition of a "white Christmas" is not
seen by everybody in the U.S.... in fact, it is rare to most.  It's sort of
a hopeful thing, and when it does happen, well... we feel very good about
it, and also watching our kids see snow fall for the first time and ask,
"what is this stuff?".  Building snowmen, going for dangerous snow-rides on
rubber mats down steep hills, etc., or being dragged by a rope connected to
a platform that seats about 4, just to name a *few* activities.

Roger Taylor