[Coco] Nitros9 3.2.0 6809L2 on real hardware

Boisy Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Thu Dec 18 01:20:42 EST 2003

It looks like the consensus is that NitrOS-9 should boot in an 80x24
window.  I tend to agree, as NitrOS-9 users are the more serious CoCo
users and have an RGB monitor anyway that can handle the resolution.

So as of the 3.2.1 release, NitrOS-9 Level 2 will boot into an 80x24
window in RGB mode.

As for VDG, here's an excerpt from a post that I made on the NitrOS-9
developers list:

-----------------

Here's how I propose re-architecturing the CoCo 3 modules related to
CC3IO:

- GrfInt - handles 40/80 col text and graphics escape code processing,
and the SS.AScrn, SS.FScrn, etc. hi-res calls.
- WindInt (optional module) - handles all window related system calls
per Multi-Vue
- VDGInt - handles 32x16 screens.

Either GrfInt or VDGInt would be required depending on which one term
needed.  WindInt would be optional.

So CC3IO would link to either GrfInt or VDGInt depending upon what the
window descriptor called for, and would also try to link to WindInt at
init time.

Thus, if I wanted a bootfile that supported hi-res screen calls, and
NOT handle Multi-Vue functionality, I would only need GrfInt.