[Coco] Nitros9 3.2.0 6809L2 on real hardware

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Wed Dec 17 23:28:06 EST 2003

At 09:45 AM 12/17/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>There are a number of OS-9 apps that will run only on a VDG window.  Some,
>such as games, run even faster when on VGD.  I have even found a couple of
>apps that run better on the vanilla shell as opposed to Shell+, e.g.,
>TSWord.  If you're gonna still run the CoCo under OS-9, you gotta keep VDG
>windows around.

Definately.  My old NitrOS-9 boot disk goes right into 80x24 mode but you
can still open a 32x16 window.  I remember it not being very easy to
configure things this way.  It should be standard to go into a more modern
video mode instead of staying in the past.  That's just my opinion, so
don't sue me.

I think Boisy has done an unbelievable job with the new NitrOS-9
efforts.  What would be even better is to visually showing that the L2
version has evolved for the CoCo 3.  A simple standard 80x24 mode would be
very nice.

Roger Taylor