[Coco] Embedded coco

peak at mail.polarcomm.com peak at mail.polarcomm.com
Wed Dec 17 16:06:35 EST 2003

About using a coco mother board as an embedded controller!
How many people would be interested in a mini coco?
It could/would be on a small ckt board and would have:
cpu(6809)
rom
ram
a PIA or two (address decoded to the exact same locations as
a real coco.
DAC
Small PAL/PLD used as an address decoder. Both the CTS, and
the SCS lines would also be duplicated.

WhY?
Because by using the same hardware memory map for the PIA's
and DAC would allow a much smaller controller . also a real
cocoI or II would not have to be sacrificed to use as the
controller. But a real coco could be used to test and debug
software before it was placed in rom on the embed board!

If anyone is interested I will design the ckt board and place
the design in public domain or even post it here if allowed.
Heck I may design this thing anyway just for myself. Any
takers??

Eric