[Coco] Nitros9 3.2.0 6809L2 on real hardware

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Wed Dec 17 00:10:42 EST 2003

>You may already know this but just because you boot to a 40 or 80 column
>window does not mean you can't access a vdg 32 column screen.
>
>What is needed is to change on the fly a window into a vdg screen as follows:
>xmode /w# type=1 pag=16   * where # is any non initialized window
>iniz /w#
>shell i=/w#&
>
>The second line above may not be needed.

I've always thought that the forced 32x16 was a bit ancient as OS-9 was
improved over the years.  There was really no reason why OS-9 L2 couldn't
have been preconfigured to use the 80x24 or similar screen and then make
the user work hard to bring up
the 32x16 mode instead.

If all other things have been improved, it only seems normal for the stock
video mode to follow the pattern.  But then again,
there's probably issues that I'm not aware of.

Roger Taylor