[Coco] Nitros9 3.2.0 6809L2 on real hardware

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Dec 16 23:50:21 EST 2003

Willard Goosey wrote:
>>Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:43:42 -0500
>>From: Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net>
>

>>If your /term is the 32 column screen, then this is a bug I've not been
>>able to squash.
>

> Yep, gotta love term_vdg. :-( Ick.
>

>>There are two choices left to you until the bug can be
>>found: 1) make /term a 40 or 80 column screen, 2) remove the three lines
>
>>from your Startup file. Execute at least one iniz w(#) from the
>
>>keyboard, after which a script file with your three lines will work.
>

> It's just so strange that iniz works from an interactive shell but not
> from startup.
>
>>From my point of view (1) is the only reasonable choice for the two.
>

> I agree.  I so rarely use vdg stuff, anyway...
>
> Willard
You may already know this but just because you boot to a 40 or 80 column
window does not mean you can't access a vdg 32 column screen.

What is needed is to change on the fly a window into a vdg screen as
follows:
xmode /w# type=1 pag=16   * where # is any non initialized window
iniz /w#
shell i=/w#&

The second line above may not be needed.